Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To Sum It All Up....

My last three posts went into deep detail of what I did to change my eating habits and what vitamins and supplements that I take. I wanted to take this post and give you a summary of what I did.  I will try to make this as short and sweet as possible.

 

I highly recommend reading the book 
"Ultra Metabolism" by Dr. Mark Hyman 
He has other books out too that I am sure are just as good but this is the one that was recommended to me.   
You can check out his website here. Dr. Mark Hyman

Eat at least six times a day
Breakfast
(Breakfast is the largest meal of the day) 
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Tiny Snack or "dessert" 
(No eating 2 hours before bedtime) 

Drink lots of water 
Drink Green Tea 
I stay away from all artificial sweeteners and processed sugars.  I use a tiny amount of unfiltered/raw local honey or I have now tried the Coconut Nectar.   I love the Coconut Nectar!
I use about 1/4 of a tsp in my Green Tea or my one cup of coffee I have.  

Cook with healthy oils
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Grapeseed Oil
(Grapeseed Oil has a high cooking point, so it is great for frying)

Eat and cook "whole" foods from the earth
Buy Organic when I can
Stay away from processed canned foods when possible.

Eat foods that are high in Omega 3 and Protein
Wild caught or sustainably raised Salmon or other Fish
 Sustainably Raised Chicken 
Eat lean red meats like grass fed beef but only in moderation.

Make sure my portion sizes are appropriate! 
I have limited the amount of wheat products that I use.  Yes, I have basically gone gluten free.  There are very few things that I eat that have wheat products in them. 

Take good quality vitamins and supplements! 

BE ACTIVE!
Every little bit of exercise will help! 

Live Happy and Healthy! 




Have a Happy and Healthy Day! 

Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!