Saturday, August 24, 2013

Delicious Healthy Lime Pudding

A pudding that is actually healthy? 

YOU BET!!!
This is an amazing little dessert for when you just need something sweet and refreshing! 


Doesn't this just look delicious?





How can a pudding be Healthy?  Well hold on to your hats and keep an open mind.

Lime Pudding

2 Avocado, pitted and peeled
zest of 2 Limes
8 Tbsp Lime Juice (approx 2-3 limes)
1/3 cup Coconut Nectar or 1/3 Cup of  Raw Honey
(I use the Coconut Nectar that I buy from my local health food store.
 It is low glycemic and great for diabetics)

Put all the ingredients in a processor or I use my Kaloric Immersion Handheld Blender. 
Blend until nice and creamy! 
TRUST ME, YOU DO NOT TASTE THE AVOCADO!!!
This recipe makes 3-4oz cups.  It is a very rich dessert, so you really won't want much more that that.

That is it!!  So easy to make and healthy for you too!

You can top with some finely chopped almonds, or I use this Breakfast Boost (click here for more details) that has coconut and pecans and so much more!
Then you can top with fresh fruit! Personally, I love the taste of strawberries and lime.

WAIT! What?  You put avocado in this?  Yes, this is what makes it not only healthy, but nice and creamy.

If you like Key Lime Pie, you will like this pudding!

My husband HATES avocado, but he LOVES  this stuff!  Great way to get him the benefits of the avocado!











 

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff. I like avocado, but my hubby hates it. I'm going to try it without telling him. Heehee. Thank you for this recipe.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue! My husband is the same way. He HATES avocado, but he will eat this. Yes, it is a good idea NOT to tell him what is in it. Let him eat the whole thing and say how good it is before you tell him. I am going to be posting a chocolate pudding recipe that has avocado in it soon. You wouldn't believe how good that is!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!