Sunday, December 1, 2013

SQUAT TIME!

Why wait until January to get healthy and active?  You can do it now and start the New Year healthy and happy! 
Join me in the Squat Challenge for the month of December!!!

There are two levels..if you are a beginner, I highly recommend Level 1.  This is for those that don't have normal exercise activity.  Level 2 is for those that exercise regularly.

The images show different ways that you can do the squats.  You can do them with a ball behind your back, up against the wall.  This is is the way my physical therapist had me do them when I tore my patellar tendon.   They are easier on your back and helps keep you in proper form.  
Squat down only as far as your knees can handle no more than a if you were sitting in a chair.  

When you get to the higher reps, you can split them up.  Don't try to do 60 or 80 squats at one time.  Split them up in reps of 10 or 15, rest for a minute or two then continue.  
If you are feeling any MAJOR pain, STOP, you do not want to injure yourself.  
Make sure you drink plenty of water after you do your squats to keep your muscles hydrated. 
This is a great way to get toned and help build your muscles. 

I am 43 years old and a year ago, I wouldn't even have thought about doing these.  I have now done this squat challenge 2 months this year and I always feel better.  It takes about 5-10 minutes in the morning or evening.   No excuses that you don't have the time. 

Today is a new day, why not work your way to a healthier and stronger you???




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!